Friday, September 01, 2006

Settling In

I had two meetings last Tuesday, which gave me a really good first impression of my village. People were on time and motivated, as well as patient with me. I know a lot of people have trouble getting projects started, but I have already been on a tour of all the water sources in the vilage, which need major repairs. It should be a good place to get work done. This week I also figured out how to make bread on my charcoal stove. It should be good to experiment because the mamas in town like to learn to bake new things. They got a taste of my cornbread last week, and said they wanted me to teach them how to make it. Go figure! Me? Giving baking lessons!?

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Wow, Gail the cooking show host :). Your work already sounds facinating and I am sure it will only get more so. Makes UNH seem a little on the dull side in comparison. I hope all is well, which is sounds like it is... I miss you hun, but you are truly doing something worth while.
Brandy