Friday, October 06, 2006

Exciting New Ideas

We just got done with a 3-day training on permaculture, which was pretty fantastic. I went with a counterpart from my village, whom everyone calls Babu (grandfather in Swahili). The idea is to learn to grow more vegetables close to your home in a small amount of space using water conservation and double digging and other cool tricks. My counterpart is so excited about it that while others were hitting the bar after the session, we were planning permaculture sessions for when we get back to our village. We are setting up a meeting with all the village leaders to organize seminars. I am excited to get back and plant my garden!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Gail,
That sounds so cool... So what do they grow in the gardens down there? Hope it all works out- your really making a diffrence that is so cool. Take care.. I miss you
Brandy